Monday, May 11, 2009

First Dinner






Here are some pictures of the first dinner I actually cooked as a wife.  Our honeymoon was about a week and once we got home, we've just been running and trying to organize the house.  So, today, I finally got the kitchen in order and I decided to cook.  For appetizers, we had roasted chickpeas and these wonderful olives that I bought at Williams & Sonoma.  The lady recommended them because I had been craving olives because we ate so many olives while in Europe.  They were great.  (I highly recommend them - they are DeCarlo very large olives.) The roasted chickpeas were quite good too, I got the recipe at www.allrecipes.com.  For dinner, we had one of Joey's favorite, tomato soup, but I put a little kick in the soup by adding some spices and jalapenos!  I think that you'll see that Joey enjoyed his dinner from the look on his face in the pictures! ;)

3 comments:

The Macks said...

Don't you love getting to use all your new stuff? Yum...those olives look delicious! Oh yeah, I got your wedding gift. It just hasn't been delivered :)

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

I love all the new stuff! Love it! Olives were delicious. Thank you! I know you are getting ready for your sweet baby girl.

Leigh Anne said...

I love it! Too cute! The table looks great and I love the pic of Joey!