Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Walkin' in Memphis

En route to Tallassee from Oklahoma, we stayed in Memphis at the Peabody. I wish I had some better pictures on my camera (battery was going dead), but I know Mrs. Alunda should have more pics so I'll post additional pictures when I get them. Click here to read about the legend of the Peabody Ducks.

We also ate at a wonderful Brazilian style steakhouse called Texas De Brazil Churrascaria...Talk about good food and LOTS OF IT! Just ask Byron - I think he ate every meat known to man that night. haha. I also put a hurting while I was there. I turned to Joey because I started feeling weird, I said do I have a fever? He busted out laughing, he said its just all the meat you've been eating. lol. Basically, here, there is a salad bar (not your average salad bar) - pretty much anything you want, plus sushi and lots of cheese. Then, you go to your table and you have a coaster type thing - one side is red, the other side is green. And as you all know - GREEN MEANS GO! When your coaster is on green, waiters bring around huge pieces of meat on swords and you take what you like. They had everything from Rack of Lamb to Filet Mignon and it was all delicious!!!

We also visited Beale Street and took a city tour. I can't begin to tell you all of the neat things and what a fun time we had in Memphis!





No comments: