Jammin' Tarheel Chili
So I was tagged by my sister-in-law, Leigh Anne, on her blog to share a favorite recipe. As a challenged cook, and also someone who doesn't really like to cook, I thought I'd share a favorite of ours that not even I could mess up! This is great when you have to feed a large group! Note: I did not use mushrooms and you can substitute light beer for the dark beer. (The beer really gives it a unique taste so I suggest to leave it in! It is what makes it different from just regular chili!)
Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 stalks celery, diced
2 large onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 1/2 cups dark beer
2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chili powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Drain.
In a large pot over medium heat, cook celery, onions and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in beef, tomato sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, beer, chili beans, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, coriander, cayenne and Worcestershire. Simmer over low heat 3 hours, until flavors are well blended.
Now it's your turn! Post a recipe on your blog and then add three names to the end of it. Go to their blog and post a comment letting them know to go to your page and check out your recipe. Then they post their favorite recipe to their page and let three more people know what to do and so on.
Margaret
Angie
Tori
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment