Saturday, July 28, 2012

Almost Exactly 3 Years Ago...

I was looking through my pictures to see what I was doing around this date years ago and I came upon these pictures! Oh what a smile it brought to my face.  

Okay, so here's the story...about 3 years ago, The Scarboroughs (I was a newly joined member of the Scarborough clan) rented a van and headed out west to Guthrie, Oklahoma for a wedding. We saw a lot of sites on the way and while we were out there.  On the way back, we stopped in Memphis, Tennessee.  Let me tell you, there is a divine place to eat in Memphis and it isn't a barbecue joint. It is none other than a Brazilian steakhouse (a "churrascaria" which is short for you are about to be in for the ride of your life) called  Texas De Brazil. 
Okay folks, for those of you that have never had the joy of gracing a churrascaria, let me tell you, just imagine every type of meat you can think of, cooked to perfection. There is a nice salad bar, but in the words of Joey Scarborough "Don't go up there and fill yourself up on that salad bar, you won't have room for the MEAT!" So, I did as told, Joey and I actually had eaten at this restaurant before so I knew a little of what to expect.  Oh did I mention you get a coaster, one side is red and the other is green. Mine was pretty much on green the whole time.  I ate every meat you could think of and I didn't regret a bit of it...YET.

Well, afterwards we were going to go listen to some blues. The other Scarborough / Thornhill clan went on to Beale Street (we dropped them off so that Mrs. Alunda wouldn't have to walk that far). We parked the car and started heading towards Beale Street.  It sure was hot that day, dang, come to think of it, I was sweating all over. I looked at Joey, I said DANG, I CAN'T QUIT SWEATING. He said oh it's probably because you ate all of that meat.  That is when it hit me. Have any of you ever watched Bridesmaids? Yes, I was having a Bridesmaids moment.  We went to the bathroom, DOOR LOCKED. DOOR LOCKED?!?! It was over for me, I thought it was just going to have to be GAME OVER. Luckily, it wasn't, but I will spare the other gruesome details.  I'm sure you get the picture!  I wasn't the only one to feel the wrath of Texas De Brazil - brother-in-law Byron Thornhill had a Churrascaria hangover.  

Anyway, I laughed my head off when I saw these pictures...thought you all would enjoy, too!


1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Ha Ha! Everytime I see that scene in Bridesmaids I think of you!!