I've been trying to lose a few pounds before the wedding because I think it will make me feel more comfortable and I know I need to anyway! So, I've been watching what I eat (for the most part) and I've really grown attached to this magazine - Self for fitness, nutrition, health and beauty advice. I have been reading this article about jump starting your diet and it gives several tips. Well, I read this one tip today at it read:
FLATTER YOURSELF - Women who see themselves as heavier than they are have a harder time maintaining weight loss after a year, a study in Eating and Weight Disordes notes. "Everytime you catch yourself saying something negative about your body today, write down a compliment and repeat it 10 times instead." says Margo Maine, Ph.D., a body-image expert in West Hartford, Conneticut, and author of the Body Myth.
Wow! What a great piece of advice!!! It is so simple, but just reading that made me feel better about myself! I think men and women should do this - even if it has nothing to do with our weight, everytime we start to be negative, write down something positive about the situation! Alright, I'm done with my motivational speaking for the day!
Speaking of motivational speakers, I found this on You Tube.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment