Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Joey's trip to Greenville, Mississippi


Joey is away for Gin School this week in Greenville, MS. I was hoping to be able to take the voyage with him, but my work schedule prevented it. There isn't much going on there, but some casinos, but there is one thing, or shall I say one place, that I wish I could have been. And, that is Doe's Eat Place. Joey was introduced to this place some years back and he and I stopped here before going to Tunica for Valentine's Day one year. Let me tell you, I have never seen steak as large as the ones served here. And, they have the best tamales. Doe's Eat Place is located in a very interesting building (trust me, you just have to be there to understand what I mean), but the food is some of the best you'll ever have! If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend that you eat here and if you won't take my word, just take Alton Brown's - he featured Doe's on his Feasting on Asphalt Series.

Read more about Doe's Eat Place and its history here.


No comments: