Sunday, November 28, 2010

On This Day in History

Okay, so after my 30 days of blogging, I've got the blogging bug. It is addictive...I guess once you get used to doing something over and over and then you run out of topics, well, you look for some. I was reading a blog on blogging ideas. (Hahaha.) And, then I saw a suggestion for something that has happened in history. So, of course, I googled on this day in history. Here is what I found for today, November 28th. Pretty interesting!

Today in Television History:

1966 - The 200th episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" aired.
1997 - The final episode of "Beavis and Butt-head" aired on MTV.

Today in Music History:


1984 - Prince's "I Would Die 4 U" became the fourth single from the album "Purple Rain."
1956 - In Memphis, TN, Elvis Presley went to a matinee showing of "Love Me Tender."

Today in Sports History:



1977 - Larry Bird was introduced as "College Basketball's Secret Weapon" with a cover story in Sports Illustrated.

2002 - Michael Jordan (Washington Wizards) announced that he would retire for the third and final time at the end of the NBA season.


Today's Famous Birthdays:


Jon Stewart 1965
Anna Nicole Smith 1967

No comments: