Friday, November 28, 2008

Katie Austin


Joey has been working hard this "ginning season" so I decided I would go ahead and get back on track with telling a little about our wedding party, specifically my bridesmaids. When Joey has a little more time at home, I'll get him to write up stories about his groomsmen.

I met Katie Daniels (Austin now) at the awesome DQ in Auburn. I had just moved to Auburn and was a shift manager for the DQ in AU (which is no longer there by the way) while I went to school at Southern Union. Well, I met Katie and she was still in high school. After I left Auburn, Katie & I kept in touch and have been the closest of friends since. She's lived in several places since - one being Clarksville, near Nashville, since it is a fairly short drive, I would drive up and we would stroll the streets of downtown.

One of my most fun memories is a road trip that Katie & I took to go to a John Mayer concert. We went to North Carolina. hahaha. If you know me, you should know that I have a slight infatuation with John Mayer, although it has faded over the years. Poor Katie, the whole concert she had to watch me with my mouth open, saying Oh my Gosh over and over!!

I also spent New Year's in New York City with Katie when she lived there while her husband was overseas. It was so much fun! Katie is married to Marc Austin and they live in Harker Heights, Texas currently. Marc is a career Army soldier and will shortly be leaving to go back overseas.

Thank you Katie for being such a wonderful friend and thank you Marc for keeping my friend happy (I see the goo goo eyes she gets every time she talks about you or looks at you) and thank you for all that you do for our country!!

No comments: