Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rattlesnake Rodeo Opp, Alabama

Joey and I were invited to go to the Rattlesnake Rodeo to see Skyler perform. Skyler is a young man from Bayou La Batre, Alabama who moved to Prattville, Alabama where he worked at Larry Puckett changing oil. Larry Puckett's niece met Skyler when she was at school in South Alabama and brought him home and he became a "member" of their family. He is moving to Nashville to follow his dreams. Skyler has a wonderful story and he didn't get to where he is now the easy way. I loved the "quote" it said on his cd and that was "I want everyone to know they can make their dreams happen...honesty, hardwork, and respect for yoursef and your fellow being...that's my message."-Skyler You can visit Skyler's myspace - Click Here
Mr. Puckett and Mr. Herron chartered a bus to Opp so that we could all go support Skyler. Here are some pictures from the day.

















3 comments:

The Macks said...

Go Opp!!! Does Joey work @ Larry Puckett? I haven't heard Skyler's music. I will have to check it out.

ashley moon said...

I love the pictures, but Hell To the NO on going to the rattlesnake rodeo! That one picture freaked me out just looking at it!!

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

Go O-P-P. lol. Joey doesn't work at Larry Puckett, but a friend of our family knows Mr. Puckett and they told us about Skyler.

Ashley, hahaha. I do not like snakes, they stunk...and I can't stand them, but the music was worth it!