Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Engagement

Joey proposed on Wednesday, January 30, 2008. Yes, that is right - on a Wednesday. I had been at home sick with a virus. As I lay on the couch (looking lovely I must say) - I was sporting what one of my best friends, Ashley Moon, calls "my disco pajamas" (They are black with metallic stripes) and a t-shirt. He asked me what kind of ring I wanted. I thought, what in the world is he asking me this for at a time like this. haha. So of course, I said I don't care - anything. And he insisted no, there was a kind that you wanted. (Joey and I had talked about this, but not in detail.) And I said, whatever, really. And then he asked wasn't it a channel setting? That's when a red light went off - I'm thinking - now what does he know about channel setting - I don't even know much about channel setting - I just knew that my fingers were fat and a solitaire made them look that much more fat. haha. I said yes, I guess so...then he said well, I have a question for you - and that's when he got down on one knee with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. He had picked it out all on his own, he did such a good job!! Needless to say, this was at the most unexpected moment and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I always was convinced he would do it when I least expected it and that's exactly how I wanted it.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Kami and Joey,
I was just thinking that I could check with the Cleaners and see if my white, one-piece Elvis outfit with the bedazzled eagle on the back is ready for pick-up. Then I could sing things to you and Joey such as... "Love Me Tender, I Can't Help Falling In Love With You, Teddy Bear, Hunk-a-hunk-a Burning Love" etc...
If you wanted I could even go on-line and obtain my Justice of the Peace certification and do the whole ceremony just like in Vegas.
I'm just sayin'...
Congratulations you guys and hope to talk to yall soon.